2017 Michigan Envirothon Program: Let the Competition Begin!
We are expanding our regions!
Held in March, Regional Competitions function as both a training and review day as well as a qualifier for the state competition. Training sessions will be facilitated by local resource professionals and held outside with hands-on activities, when possible. We are in the process of revamping our regionals to provide more opportunities for participation with shorter travel distances.
2017 Current Topic: Agricultural Soil and Water Conservation Stewardship Current Issue: Key Topics
1. Soil and Water Conservation best management practices; their purpose and implementation.
2. How are soil and water conservation best management practices interrelated to the management of wildlife, forestry and aquatic systems?
3. How do agriculturists maintain a balance between their quality of life versus the quality of the environment?
For more information visit the NCF page here.
2017 Regional Competition Dates: Find Your Region
- March 3, 2017 Bay City State Rec. Area, Bay City
- March 7, 2017 Ft. Custer, Battle Creek
- March 10, 2017 Kresge Environmental Ed. Center, Lapeer
- March 14, 2017 Hartwick Pines, Grayling
- March 17, 2017 Grand Traverse Conservation District, Traverse City
- March 21, 2017 Indian Springs Metro Park, White Lake
- March 28, 2017 Sault Ste. Marie
- March 31, 2017 TBD, Western UP
- 2017 State Competition: Michigan State University, May 17-19, 2017
The top 24 regional competitors from around the state will advance to battle it out May 17 - 19, 2017 on the campus of Michigan State University, Lansing, Michigan. Top teams will compete for scholarships and prizes as well as bragging rights and the chance to represent Michigan at the international NCF-Envirothon Competition.
2017 NCF- Envirothon:July 23 - July 29, 2017
Volunteers We Need You!
Michigan Envirothon has many volunteer opportunities available. From assisting at the local level as a resource professional to volunteering on one of the state level committees. there is an opportunity right for you!
Visit the Volunteer Page for more information