2017 Michigan Envirothon State Competition
Regional competitions have been held and now the top 24 regional competitors from around the state will advance to battle it out May 17 - 19, 2017 on the campus of Michigan State University in East Lansing, Michigan.
Teams will be competing for the title of State Champion and for the chance to represent Michigan in the 2017 North American Envirothon at Mount St. Mary's University, Emmitsburg, Maryland on July 23 - July 29, 2017.
Volunteers ~ We Need You!
It takes volunteers to make this event a success! There are many volunteer opportunities available, even for those with busy schedules and limited availability.
Join in as a volunteer at the State Competition and experience the next generation of environmental stewards in action!
Interested? Click here to take the Volunteer Survey to provide your availability and areas of volunteer interest. We have many opportunities available.
What is Michigan Envirothon?
Michigan Envirothon is designed to foster critical thinking, wise stewardship and community involvement. The purpose of Envirothon is to provide environmental education to high school students and their adult advisors throughout the state of Michigan.
The Michigan Envirothon program presents environmental education in a unique, motivating and exciting way! The program emphasizes hands-on learning in the outdoors; field trips and one-on-one training with resource professionals is highly encouraged. Learning objectives, correlated with Michigan High School Content Expectations, are set forth for each of the subject areas, and resource professionals aid in preparing resource materials for teams to use in their studies.
Michigan Envirothon Goals and Objectives
• To cultivate in high school students a desire to learn about our natural resources.
• To develop a greater appreciation for our reliance upon the natural environment.
• To provide students with an experience in environmental activities to enable them to become environmentally aware adults.
• To develop student’s knowledge of the effects individual actions can have on the environment.
• To explore the interactions and interdependencies of our environment.
• To foster aware of local resource organizations/agencies available to assist with
environmental matters and career opportunities.