Recently I had the pleasure of attending the Hillsdale Conservation District's Annual Meeting to present the Conservationist of the year award. This year Hillsdale CD chose to honor one of Michigan Envirothon's dedicated team advisors, Chip Patterson. Chip, has shown great dedication and leadership to his students both in the classroom and beyond. Chip spends much of his free time training and education youth for Michigan Envirothon competitions. I would like to recognize not only Chip's work in cultivating the next generation of environmentally aware and engaged Michigan citizens but also all of those teachers who go above and beyond for Michigan's future.
Register for the Michigan Science Teachers Association annual conference and visit the Michigan Envirothon booth! While at the conference, take advantage of a great opportunity by registering for the Michigan Environmental Education Curriculum Support (MEECS) unit trainings. Sessions are FREE to all registered participants and will cover units on: Air Quality & Climate Change, Ecosystems & Biodiversity, Energy Resources, Land Use, Water Quality, and Outdoor Education. Register for MEECS training
- Glen Lakes Sweeps Michigan Envirothon State Competition
- Michigan Envirothon 2013 State Competition Scheduled for May 8-10 at Michigan State University
- Envirothon Advisor Named Conservationist of the Year!
- MACD/Envirothon Accepting Applications for Fall Internship
- North Western Michigan High School Team Competes in 25th Canon Envirothon
- Michigan Envirothon State Competition
- 2012 Leader Schools
- Great Opportunity for Educators!
- Envirothon Manual
- Get Published! Envirothon Essay Contest